PowerPoint is a powerful tool created by Microsoft in 1990. It’s a highly versatile and widely used program for its supreme ability to create eye-catching, engaging presentations. Beyond its conventional slideshow features, it provides excellent features that allow you to record your screen with ease.
For the academic groups of people at the University of Washington, including staff, faculty, and students, it is easily accessible.
In this article, we’ll discuss all the abilities of PowerPoint, which you can use for screen recording. Whether you are an instructor aiming to craft instructional content or a student who wants to deliver stunning presentations, PowerPoint’s incredible abilities to screen recording have you covered.
Availability of Screen Recording Feature
It is vital to note that the screen recording function in PowerPoint is an excellent asset available exclusively to Windows users. While users of the Windows OS can readily use this, Apple Mac users can search for alternative ways for similar screen recording features.
One major alternative for Apple Mac users is QuickTime, a feature-packed multimedia tool that includes a screen recording option.
Despite the operating system difference, both Mac & Windows users can use these programs to record screen smoothly and efficiently making it smoothly accessible to several individuals regardless of their OS preference.
Step-by-Step Guide on Screen Recording with PowerPoint
The screen recording ability of Microsoft PowerPoint is a powerful feature that permits you to record on-screen activities, making it a wonderful option for recording tutorials, eye-catching demonstrations, or presentations with such impactful content.
This ability allows you to capture the screen while simultaneously narrating or annotating, improving the engagement and clarity of your content. Here is a step-by-step guide on screen recording with PowerPoint:
Steps you should follow on Screen Recording with PowerPoint (For Window Users)
- Step 1 – Open PowerPoint on your PC or Laptop.
- Step 2 –Create a new presentation or open an existing presentation where you want to insert the screen recording.
- Step 3 –Navigate to the “Insert” tab situated in the Microsoft PowerPoint Ribbon at the top bar of the window.
- Step 4 –Press “Screen Recording” in the tab to open the toolbar of screen recording.
- Step 5 –Drag your arrow to a specific area of your screen that you want to capture. It can be the whole screen or a specific window program.
- Step 6 –Press the record button to start the procedure.
- Step 7 –While screen capturing, you can narrate by speaking into your microphone. You can also utilize the highlighter or pen tools to emphasize or annotate specific elements of your screen.
- Step 8 – When you have recorded the required content, press the “STOP” on the screen recording toolbar.
- Step 9 –You will be prompted to save the recording as a separate file. Pick a location & file name and press “Save”.
- Step 10 –You can also review your screen recording with Microsoft PowerPoint. If necessary, you can edit, add, or trip it to your slides as a video.
By following these simple steps, you can easily use the PowerPoint screen recording function on Windows to craft dynamic & informative pieces of content for your tutorials, presentations, and any other purpose that needs on-screen recording actions.
Audio Narration in PowerPoint
Adding audio narration to your presentation can drastically improve its impact by providing explanations, context, and required touch to your slides. Whether you are a presenter, professional content creator, or educator, this function permits you to convey your message more efficiently and connect with your audience.
Steps to record Audio Narration in PowerPoint
- Step 1 – Launch PowerPoint and open a presentation you want to insert audio narration.
- Step 2 –Go to your slide and press start. You can insert audio narration into individual slides or the whole presentation.
- Step 3 –Press on the insert tab at the top tab in the PowerPoint ribbon.
- Step 4 –Below the Insert tab, choose “Audio” and then pick “Record Audio”.
- Step 5 –A dialog box will appear, letting you name it. Just click the Record button and start speaking into a microphone.
- Step 6 –Press Stop when you have finished that slide.
- Step 7 –You can play it and make sure it sounds well. If necessary, you can adjust or trip the audio.
- Step 8 –Now Press, OK to save your fine for the picked slide.
- Step 9 –If required, add audio narration to other slides, and repeat the procedure for every slide.
- Step 10 –During your presentation, your audio narration will play mechanically when you reach them with recorded audio.
Exporting PowerPoint as a Video
Importance of Converting Presentations into Video Format
Converting your presentation into a video file provides a bunch of benefits. It permits you to share your file with a huge audience, including those who mightn’t have Microsoft PowerPoint installed.
Videos are simply viewable on different platforms and devices, improving accessibility. Furthermore, video presentation is more connected, as they let you combine graphical parts, audio narration, animation & slides transition seamlessly.
It’s particularly ideal for online courses, marketing materials, webinars, and sharing content on different social platforms.
How to Export Your PowerPoint Slides and Narration as a Video File
- Open Presentation – LaunchPowerPoint and open your presentation where you want to export the video.
- File Menu –Go top left corner of the File Menu.
- Export –Pick Export from the option.
- Create a video –Press on Create a video to start the export procedure.
- Setting –You will have other options to pick video quality and whether you add narration or recording timings.
- Create a video –Press on create a video to start the converting procedure. You might need to specific area to save the final video.
- Wait for conversation –it depends on the length & complexity of the presentation, conversion might take some time to complete.
- Save –Once it’s finished, name your file and pick where you want to save it.
Sharing and Distribution
After crafting your recording Microsoft PowerPoint video, you can simply share it with others. Upload it on Vimeo, YouTube, or any other learning management system for a huge audience.
Shareable links and implants simplify distribution and make sure your content reaches your preferred audience. Consider using social platforms plus email to notify your audience about the availability of your file.
For UW faculty, students, and staff, UWare provides an ideal resource. It provides free and easy access to essential programs including PowerPoint and other Microsoft Office 365 Apps. It makes sure that the academic groups have simple access to the tools required for efficient productivity, presentation, and teaching.
The screen recording ability of PowerPoint is a versatile and vital tool for presenters, content creators, and educators. It permits you to record stunning content, create eye-catching presentations, and add audio narration and tutorials.
Its worth lies in its features to improve the clarity & impact of the final content, making it simply accessible to a further audience. In the end, I encourage you to explore and connect this strong ability for several purposes, from professional presentations to educational endeavors.
With screen capturing, you can take presentations to the highest level, and deliver info and ideas with better engagement and efficiency.